Role: Art Director/Creative Lead
Direct Reports: Executive Art Director/Head of Content & Executive Creative Director
Salary: £50k-£65k DOE per annum/pro rata
Start Date: ASAP (April/May 2021)
Duration: 6 months FTC, 2-month probation period, can lead to permanent position based on performance.
Hours: Monday-Friday, 09:30am-17:30pm (with some flexibility for timezone alterations)
Location: London Studio
This is us
Immersive is an interdisciplinary creative studio with a global team of visual storytellers and creative technologists working together to transform imaginative concepts into ground-breaking realities.
Combining art, science and technology, we constantly try to defy boundaries to change the way stories are told and experienced. From art installations and exhibitions, XR productions and virtual design, live events and location-based entertainment, we make world-first experiences that amaze and inspire audiences around the world.
The Immersive team culture is driven by an honest passion in our work, open-minded curiosity, superstar skill-sets as well as a strive to reinvent or reimagine everything we set our mind to. Our ambition is to build a nurturing and inspiring virtual and physical working environment that prioritises the wellbeing of our team members and fosters limitless imagination and creativity. Our collaborative practice provides opportunities for individual development whilst cultivating a true sense of community.
Is this you?
Immersive is looking for a highly-skilled, passionate, and imaginative Art Director/Creative Lead to work closely with our Executive Art Director, Executive Creative Director, CCO, and our multidisciplinary content team across the globe. We want someone who is ready to jump in on the deep end and can join us straight away.
Our people and their approach are vital to keeping pushing the boundaries of the immersive sector. We value your mindset just as much as your experience.
- Lead and direct creative teams
- Oversea creative teams output on assigned projects
- Conduct creative review and feedback sessions with studios and freelancers
- Make executive summaries for the Executive Art Director / Head of Content and the Senior Management Team
- Actively participate in client meetings and workshops
- Scout for and interview new talent
- Participate in project planning sessions with Senior Management
- Participate in pitches
- Great communicator
- Eye and ear for detail
- Up to date with the latest creative, cultural, and technological trends
- Art direction
- Concept art
- Animatics / Mood video editing
- Animation 2D/3D
- Creative workshops
- Client relationship management
- Project planning and coordination
- Understanding of Media Servers- knowing the basic high-level processes involved in directing media knowing how it is output for final commissioning on site.
- 2D: Adobe Suite (key apps Photoshop, Premiere Pro, After Effects )
- 3D: Cinema 4D (Octane or Redshift Render) and/or any of Blender/Maya/3DS
- REALTIME: Unreal / Unity
- Google Suite apps / Slides / Sheets / Google Docs
- Bonus: CAD, Notch, Disguise, visual programming, audio editing software.
- High-quality CGI animation
- Live show content creation
- Video mapping
- Real-time animation
- Generative and interactive content creation
- VFX and green screen filming
- Willing to travel for extended periods for on-site operation and coordination internationally.
- If remote, own a powerful computer setup with a very fast internet connection.
- Directly report to Executive Art Director – Head of Content
- Also reporting to our CCO and ECD.
People shape the worlds we create – Will you be one of them?
To apply, please send us your most recent CV and a covering letter detailing your relevant experience and why you are interested in the position.
Diversity & Equal Opportunities
We are committed to a nondiscriminatory approach and provide equal opportunity for employment and advancement. We respect and value diverse life experiences and heritages and ensure that all voices are valued and heard.